Are you looking for a tutorial on how to clean a diffuser? Well, if you are, then, you have come to the correct place! Using essential oils are very pleasant since most of them have an attractive smell. Unfortunately, the diffuser for the oils requires regular cleaning. A diffuser, which is used for any kind of oils including essential oils for colds, must be cleaned in order to avoid the buildup of gunk inside.
Things to have
Before start cleaning your diffuser, you will need to prepare some items. These items will need to be owned by you in order to make your effort to do the tutorial on how to clean a diffuser much easier. Below is the list of the items you need to prepare:
- a bottle of dishwashing detergent,
- a cotton brush,
- running water,
- a piece of cloth,
- a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and
- cotton buds.
What to do
Are you ready to clean your diffuser? Before you can head to the steps, you need to ensure that you have owned all of the things mentioned earlier! If you have, then, you can start cleaning. The steps you will have to do are:
- Start by cleaning the diffuser after you have finished using it.The first thing you have to do is that you need to ensure that the diffuser is not dirty after you have used it. Pour excess water into the sink in your house- you need to pour the water from behind since it avoids you from spilling the water on the operating button found on the diffuser.
- Clean the diffuser from the inside and outside.Now, you need to apply a small amount of dishwashing detergent (make sure it contains natural ingredients) on the cotton brush you have prepared. After, that, gently wipe down any grime found inside and outside the diffuser by using the cotton brush previously mentioned.
- Clean the diffuser off any liquid. Now, you need to rinse the diffuser by using a piece of cloth. But first, you need to damp the cloth with clean water. By doing this, you can remove any soap residue effectively. Rub the diffuser by using a clean rag until it is clean and it does not contain any water anymore.
- Use rubbing alcohol to clean the mist chip. Usually, there is a small ultrasonic inside the tank of the diffuser. You will need to clean it as well! Locate the chip using the instruction manual of the diffuser. Once you have located it, dip rubbing alcohol to the cotton bud and use it to clean the chip.
Those are the steps. You can perform it easily if you follow them carefully. Well, now you know how to clean a diffuser!